Samsung recently launched official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is shipped with Android 4.1.2 but now it’s officially upgradable to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Android 4.2.2 update for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is provided as an OTA update which indicates that it is a minor update with bug fixes, battery life improvements, improved ui etc. But the OTA update isn’t available in all countries for now. So, if you’re in a hurry to get the Android 4.2.2 update for your Galaxy Grand Duos then you will have to flash the new official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMGA ROM. We will show you how to do it in this post.
Please notice that:
- We’re not responsible for any damage done to your phone after following this post (This is nearly impossible if you follow all the steps correctly).
- You will lose all your apps, contacts etc after updating Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.2.2. So, we recommend you to backup all existing apps, contacts and other data before updating.
- Root permissions will be revoked! In case you have rooted your Grand Duos then you’ll have to re-root again after updating to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Your phone must have atleast 50-60% of battery. So make sure you charge it if you don’t have enough battery.
- The update provided is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos model number I9082. If you try this with any other device then it’s more likely to brick your phone.
- The steps given in this post must be followed strictly without neglecting anything.
Recommended: How to install Custom ROM’s on Galaxy Y
Henceforth, We’re not responsible for any loss of data or damage in your Galaxy Grand Duos. So, please proceed further only if you’ve understood the above points. Good luck!
I hope you have backed up everything. Let’s update!
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Download ODIN 3.07. We will use this software to update; it’s developed by Samsung.
- Download and install Samsung Drives or you can install KIES.
- Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware and extract it in some folder.
- If you’re done with above steps then turn off the device.
- Press and hold home+power+volume down, this will boot the device in Download mode.
- Now open ODIN 3.07 in your pc and connect the device to pc via USB cable. If the ID:COM on ODIN turns yellow or blue then you’re on the right path else you will have to re install the drivers and start again.
- In ODIN, click on PDA and select the update from your extracted folder.
- If the F.Reset and Re-partition options are checked then you can safely press START.
- Wait untill the update process completes. It may take around 3-5 minutes.
- Once it’s done, your device will be restarted automatically with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
I hope everything goes well. Enjoy Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Grand Duos I9082.
If you have any questions or issues then please let us know through comments. We’ll try to sort it out.